Science for Society
Science for Society is a 3-year EU Interreg project that puts focus on the career options for PhDs ad Postdocs outside academia – including the possibility of becoming entrepreneurs.
The project contains a wide range of activities that will ensure that more PhDs receive applicable tools and increase their knowledge of employability for PhDs in the labour market. The project also aims to provide relevant information of entrepreneurship and concrete examples of PhDs who have made it as entrepreneurs.
The Science for Society project offers various activities:
- Individual career guidance by PhD career consultant in Aalborg.
- Mentorship programme – PhDs and Postdocs are matched with a mentor experienced in a given profession. The mentors are typically AAU Alumni.
- Courses in competence clarification, presentation techniques, and entrepreneurship.
- Annual conference for PhDs and Postdocs from Aalborg, Aarhus, Lund, and Oslo.
- Different networking opportunities.
Find more inspiration from the project here:
Principal scientist at Grundfos, Poul Toft Frederiksen, with his presentation “What does it take for a PhD to succeed in an industrial environment?” at the PhD conference in February 2017 in Aalborg:
Serial entrepreneur, AAU PhD, and Associate professor at AAU, Reimer Ivang, with his presentation ”Ready for the long haul” at the PhD conference in February 2017 in Aalborg:
Sign up for the Science for Society newsletter here email@example.com